Building civil society through human service systems.
Tully Rosen is a policy and strategy specialist, experienced executive and consultant. He has worked at the highest levels of health and human service systems, and has left an especially lasting impression in the Australian mental health and disability sectors.
Tully is a policy director at the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and Chair of the NSW Recovery at Work Reference Group for the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA). His recent positions include Deputy CEO at Homelessness NSW, Director of Mental Health Clinical Governance at St John of God Health Care, Director of Policy and Advocacy at Suicide Prevention Australia and Manager of Strategy at Blue Knot Foundation (Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma).
In earlier roles, as Manager of Strategic Projects (Health Economics and Commissioning) at the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) he led two teams in the agency's stewardship of $2 billion in annual health expenditure. Tully was also a Senior Advisor for the NSW Mental Health Commissioner specialising in cross-agency accountability and system reform, and has held a number of leadership positions in the NFP sector, culminating in 2014 as Deputy Chief Executive Officer at the Mental Health Coordinating Council. Tully is a Board Member and Treasurer for The Mental Health Services (TheMHS) Learning Network.
With a background in psychology, business systems and communication, Tully has led or contributed to major state and national advocacy campaigns and sector development initiatives. He has also advised peak bodies and commissions across Australia on the the National Disability Insurance Scheme, infrastructure and funding models.
Policy and strategy
Key reports that Tully has authored (wholly or as a lead):
- NSW Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS) Workforce Capability Framework (2018) Homelessness NSW. Funded by the NSW Department of Families and Community Services.
- Health Economics and Commissioning Strategy for the NSW Workers Compensation and Compulsory Third Party systems (2017) State Insurance Regulatory Authority. (not public)
- Review of Commission-funded Grants to Being, Mental Health Carers NSW and WayAhead (Mental Health Association of NSW) (2017) Mental Health Commission of NSW. (not public)
- One year on: Progress Report on the implementation of Living Well: A Strategic Plan for Mental Health in NSW 2014-2024 (2016) Mental Health Commission of NSW.
- Preliminary Needs Assessment on CMO Adoption of the Australian Mental Health Care Classification (2015) Mental Health Australia. Funded by Independent Hospital Pricing Authority.
- Implementing Routine Outcome Measurement in CMOs (2015) AMHOCN. Funded by Commonwealth Department of Health.
- Recovery for Young People (2014). Mental Health Coordinating Council. Funded by NSW Health.
- Recovery Oriented Service Self Assessment Toolkit (ROSSAT) Version 2 (2014). Mental Health Coordinating Council. Funded by the NSW Mental Health Commission.
- National CMO Outcome Measurement Project: Final Report (2013). AMHOCN. Funded by Commonwealth Department of Health.
- NSW Mental Health CMO Data Management Strategy (IT Investment Business Plan, 2012). MHCC & Deloitte. Funded by NSW Health. (not public)
- NSW Mental Health CMO Sector Mapping Report (2010). MHCC. Funded by NSW Health.
Speciality areas that Tully can help you with
Tully is always happy to hear from you Get in touch